The American Red Cross lifeguard training and certification are imperative to the process of getting hired on as an official Red Cross lifeguard. Our detailed training includes both testing of hands-on skills as well as comprehension on written tests. The certification, which includes First Aid, CPR and AED training, is valid for two years upon completion and is accepted nationwide. The American Red Cross is the most respected source for training and certification of this kind.
Prerequisites for Lifeguard Training include:
- Students must be at least 15 years old by the last day of class
- Students must pass a pre-course swimming skills test prior to taking lifeguarding courses
- 300 Yard swim (Breaststroke or Freestyle)
- Swim 20 yards and Recover 10 pound weight from 7 – 10 feet of water and return to start in under 1 minute and 40 seconds
- Tread water (legs only) for 2 minutes
June 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
June 7th: 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Avon Aquatic Facility 36265 Detroit Road, Avon
*Guards that pass the course and accept employment with the City of Avon Aquatic Facility will receive a refund of $140 for the course fees!